Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 9
Robin Hood?? I think not, perhaps the Sheriff of Nottingham is using Robin’s name to steal from the poor!

. . .average customer age was 26 . . .Fifty percent of users who have made a trade use app daily and 90% use the app weekly. . . .
Bloomberg News reported in October 2018 that Robinhood had received almost half of its revenue from payment for order flow.[49] The company later confirmed this on its corporate website when asked by CNBC.[50] The Wall Street Journal found that Robinhood "appears to be taking more cash for orders than rivals," by up to a 60-to-1 ratio, according to its regulatory filings.[51]
FINRA fined Robinhood $1.25M in December 2019 for failing to ensure that its customers received the best price for orders. All of Robinhood's trades between October 2016 and November 2017 were routed to companies that paid for order flow, and the company did not consider the price improvement which may have been obtained through other market makers.[52]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinhood_(company)

In another post on the web:
Zero Hedge tweeted on Saturday that retail investors are moving markets because Robinhood sells its order flow to high-frequency trading firms who “front-run” the trades and increase momentum.
https://www.institutionalinvestor.com/article/b1m2p1cv68bx56...

I hope all this dirt isn’t true but I fear it might be.

RAM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.