No. of Recommendations: 0
I relocated to the US, from the UK, at the beginning of 2001 with my employer.
Prior to transferring I was paying into my employers pension plan. I have been trying to have these funds transferred into my 401K now that I am here in the USA.
My employer has now told me that this is not possible. So now I am investigating the opening of an IRA, into which I can transfer the funds from the UK.
I have established that I would need a CONDUIT (ROLLOVER) IRA in order to transfer the whole of the funds from the UK (greater than $2,000).
Does anyone know of any regulations that would prevent my rolling my UK fund into a US IRA?
Thanks for any help / assistance / advice,
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.