Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Ron,

I don't see how CanadaRules or any other poster on this board should be disqualified from posting.

I started the link on Wi-LAN simply because I wanted know if others on this board were aware of the company and wanted to know what they thought. Apparently, someone on another Wi-LAN dedicated board noticed this post and commented on it on that board, and etc...

I'm not sorry I started the thread. I too am a buy and hold investor, and although I do not post much, I have been on the Fool for a couple of years now. Most of what I read is garbage - comments about splits, why did a stock go up or down on a particular day, etc. Most posts provide no new information or anything of merit whatsoever (much like this one ;-).

When I read garbage, I ignore it, just as you should. I don't care about those who cheerlead a particular stock either - they also provide no new information.

Discussion regarding the merits of a stock is good, as long as we all realize that we all have an agenda and are biased by owning a particular stock.

Finally, this board is not dedicated to any one stock and seemed like the best place to inquire regarding Wi-LAN. So far, I haven't learned anything new yet, since I do my DD before I ask questions (unlike many posters). I will be watching Wi-LAN closely. It does seem like they have a lead in technology, and some valuable patents.

I'll do my best to ignore the fact that it is a Canadian company ;-)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.