Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-departs-constitution-failed-2...

I resonate to some of in in this sentence.

"If it's not accepted that big government, fiat money, ignoring liberty, central economic planning, welfarism, and warfarism caused our crisis, we can expect a continuous and dangerous march toward corporatism and even fascism with even more loss of our liberties," said Paul, an obstetrician-gynecologist by training.

"corporatism and even fascism with even more loss of our liberties" is quite obvious.

Count Upp.
Print the post Back To Top
"If it's not accepted that big government, fiat money, ignoring liberty, central economic planning, welfarism, and warfarism caused our crisis, we can expect a continuous and dangerous march toward corporatism and even fascism with even more loss of our liberties," said Paul, an obstetrician-gynecologist by training.

In this era of multinational corporations, particularly including banks, that have net incomes larger than some first-world countries, do we really need "government so small it can be drowned in a bathtub"?

Do we really want people who believe that there is no such thing as a 'market failure' running all of our markets?

rj

In this era of multinational corporations, particularly including banks, that have net incomes larger than some first-world countries, do we really need "government so small it can be drowned in a bathtub"?

Do we really want people who believe that there is no such thing as a 'market failure' running all of our markets?

rj

The bit I excerpted as something I like doesn't address those issues.

I share his concern about "corporatism and even fascism with even more loss of our liberties"

CU
No. of Recommendations: 1
CU: "If it's not accepted that big government, fiat money, ignoring liberty, central economic planning, welfarism, and warfarism caused our crisis, we can expect a continuous and dangerous march toward corporatism and even fascism with even more loss of our liberties," said Paul, an obstetrician-gynecologist by training.

rj: In this era of multinational corporations, particularly including banks, that have net incomes larger than some first-world countries, do we really need "government so small it can be drowned in a bathtub"?

CU: The bit I excerpted as something I like doesn't address those issues.

I share his concern about "corporatism and even fascism with even more loss of our liberties"

As do I. But addressing rampant corporatism requires government intervention. Fascists and corporocrats like small governments because they don't get in their way, and when they do they're easier to buy off or circumvent. It's especially bad when government feels that its primary charter is to assist business, rather than promoting the welfare of its citizens.

rj
No. of Recommendations: 1
I hadn't thought about it that way before, but I agree that government needs to be the 800 lb gorilla in the room at all times. No corporation should ever be allowed to be competitive with government in terms of size and power. Ever.

Otherwise we're setting ourselves up for the government in Rollerball or Soylent Green.
As do I. But addressing rampant corporatism requires government intervention. Fascists and corporocrats like small governments because they don't get in their way, and when they do they're easier to buy off or circumvent. It's especially bad when government feels that its primary charter is to assist business, rather than promoting the welfare of its citizens.

Exactly ... it is also what the goobers don't understand.
I hadn't thought about it that way before, but I agree that government needs to be the 800 lb gorilla in the room at all times. No corporation should ever be allowed to be competitive with government in terms of size and power. Ever.

Hello!

That party is over with already. That is why we had Tow major banking collapses in the last thirty years. The bankers wrote the rules and and Congress knocked the regulators under the kitchen sink.

Menatime the goobers think they are being threatened by Acorn and the New Black Panthers. Trust me. We all now live at the whim of plutocrats and oligopolists.
No. of Recommendations: 4
For all of his libertarian talk, Ron Paul's still a religious tighty righty and there's nary a mention of separation of church and state in there.

-Adenovir