Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all, So, I am new to the site and new to investing. I am a young and some would say immature 47 year old who is just now starting his life. I am very excited about this site. I am currently on TD Ameritrade and WeBull. WeBull is way too hard to understand so I think I have wasted $100.00. TD Ameritrade is much easier for my until I get to the "think or swim platform. I consider myself an average witted individual when it comes to getting around a computer but some of this stuff is just so overwhelming. This site so far seems very cool. I think from the looks of it I have only seen about 5% of what this site has to offer. Not sure if anybody is even going to read this or not but I sure would like to friend some people if that is doable here to have a friend to chat with and possibly somebody who can help me with some basics of Investing. I have read and watched a LOT of articles and videos but would love to be able to talk to just talk some s h_ _ _'s and giggles with some good ol' people. I guess I would like to start off with my first question"

Does everybody have to be involved in the extended hours, premarket, post market, overnight investing? I had no idea there was such a thing until I closed the app at around 2:00 PM Arizona time and then back on at around 6:00 AM Arizona time the next morning and saw that my stock had a day change % increase of 15%. So that was cool but then one of my other stocks dropped 47%. So, is this something everybody has to consider when evaluating your risk?

I sure hope somebody reads this novel and gets back to me. I promise I am not that stupid, well maybe a little bit. Talk to you all soon I hope.

Loving TSLA and my sleeper DDD.
Thadeus
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.