Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
... this coming Friday for DW. She is going to need to use her crab cane to get
around for the foreseeable future and we will be working together even more closely
for a while.
Nasal sprays, insulin injections as well as the other routines are going to be somewhat
tricky. We have a few days to practice things. I know her patience will be tried severely.

Howie52
Print the post Back To Top
Prayers for a speedy recovery.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Howie,
I wish your wife all the best....and hope the surgery went smoothly.

I had been pulled along the stony ground by two muggers in Mexico, so thought my non-working bruised arm was just part of my severely bruised body.

Left it for about 8 weeks, couldn't move it upwards at all, and husband was doing up my bra, washing my hair, picking up everything, helping cook etc...but I finally went to doctor who gave me hell for leaving it so long and said it was a torn rotator cuff.
He was angry because old people's tendons shrink...he said. Mine had shrunk.

Operation easy, PE successful, and now you would never know which arm had had surgery. It is amazing. I can reach over my head just as well with each arm.
I had to check in an old photo of arm in a sling to remember which arm it was.

I hope very much your wife has the same success, and ends up not remembering which arm it was....!!! But yes, you have to be a very good husband till then.
Surgery went well - and now we start a long road to recovery. DW is feeling
very rough - pretty much as the doctor and nurses indicated.

Howie52
I don't expect to be posting very often for the rest of the year.

We will see if the marriage will survive the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

Or at least the slings.
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Prayers for a speedy recovery. "

Thanks. Prayers are always welcome and needed.
Outer bandage is to be removed Monday - but the rest is to wait for 2 weeks.
The doctor expects DW to use a sling for 6 weeks or so.

Howie52
No. of Recommendations: 2
Good to hear, hope recovery goes smoothly. Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if we don’t see you!