Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Reality of the Day

Not a snobby, shout of vanity from the Bubble of "Go Baristas" but being mute on real wages and benefits and unionization - but rather, continued cheer for the pursuit of fairness to equalize things between the workers and Club 401K.

It's great that a 9th Starbucks store, will attempt to form a union to obtain more fairness and order from the campus-bred management. (Yeah, we know Starbucks is run by MAGA right? Wrong lol)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2022/03/04/starbuck...

"More Starbucks stores want to unionize. These women and nonbinary workers are leading the push"

Yes, Starbucks paid MORE than industry standard - wages and benefits. But workers got sick of not being able to make ends meet - and it was LIBERALS who rejected the question of "why is this now a lifetime career to support a family when it didn't used to be" - GOOD, now pay the price 401K'ers!

“With a pay raise that’s actually significant, that can actually ensure that people only need one job to survive — that would be incredible,” Hernandez said. “Financial security is everything.”

Darn right. Shareholders - TAKE LESS. Customers- PAY MORE. And darn right, a barista single income should be the only job one needs.

Sometime back the Leader mused how as soon as "stimulus" payments started - to 'help the middle class' - Starbucks sales went up. And of course the Faculty Lounge missed the point.

Good.

"Go Baristas!". Here's to MUCH higher wages than the bubble-fake "$15 an hour!" meme.

And eventually, here's to the S & P 500...... getting forced to cough up the dough.
Print the post Back To Top
eweppi; "Go Baristas!". Here's to MUCH higher wages than the bubble-fake "$15 an hour!" meme.

Go Baristas, right to the unemployment office as they will price themselves out of a job. We already had a Starbucks location close as Aroma Joes opened two new locations within a mile of Starbucks and they had an equal selection of drinks at lower prices. Plus if you take into account the three Dunkin's that were already there you can see where a $6.00 coffee will put you. It's called the unemployement line.

Remember Starbucks is NOT a need, just an occasional want.

OTFoolish
Go Baristas, right to the unemployment office as they will price themselves out of a job. We already had a Starbucks location close as Aroma Joes opened two new locations within a mile of Starbucks and they had an equal selection of drinks at lower prices. Plus if you take into account the three Dunkin's that were already there you can see where a $6.00 coffee will put you. It's called the unemployement line.

Remember Starbucks is NOT a need, just an occasional want.

BUSH? TRUMP? MCCONNELL??

yes, Club 401K Liberals- are the new Country Club Republicans - only less diverse.

Paging Academic Faculty, Coastal I.T workers and engineers.....

This is our response to you wanting more money.

And, we want diversity - 1,000,000 high tech visas per year should be granted.

Of course, we don't have one set of values for 401K'ers....and another for the lower scale workers.....;)
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Club 401K Liberals"

I still don't know who "Club401K" is supposed to be. Now you have added an additional descriptor "Liberals".

What about "Club401K Conservatives"?
The conservatives don't pretend to be "pro worker" and "against the rich" and "want fairness". "Less wealth gaps". "Less racial wealth disparity"

Club 401K on the Left does.

And every once in awhile like on this thread ;) I get them to admit that they are 10 times the Bushie and Trumper that they like to think they are.

Go Baristas.
The conservatives don't pretend to be "pro worker" and "against the rich" and "want fairness".

Sure, ok.

Club 401K on the Left does.

So what you mean by "Club401K" is "Liberals".
No. of Recommendations: 1
So what you mean by "Club401K" is "Liberals".

Jedi just uses Club401K as his own term for limousine liberals - a faction that's been in the Democratic party for decades. It's neither clever nor interesting to observe that there are wealthy liberals in positions of economic power that do not fully live their professed values, or that don't do anything about the apparent contradiction between them - or even that there are corporations and/or businessmen that pretend to liberal values while not actually believing them. But for some reason, he keeps bringing it up as if it was.

Albaby
No.

But I do mean - ahem - conceited and oblivious to those not in the Bubble.

;)

And thus far - it's Club 401K not so pleased about unionizing Starbuck locations ;)
No. of Recommendations: 2
The Club 401K demographic is the majority of the Left here.

And they notice.

They want advantages others don't have - *while* whining about fairness and wealth gap and racial parity....

And they don't like being called on it.

Despite none of them reading my posts they have a complex ;)

They don't want to participate in the outcomes they claim to want.

Wealth Chickenhawks.

Example after example is shown.

Still waiting for the "fairness" Liberals to applaud lowly workers who might get a few more bucks from a prosperous corporation...... beyond the "$15 an hour" meme.
Do not Liberals (rightfully) point out Conservative Leaders and even Macro Red State stats that don't jive with their "family values" rhetoric?

So why is it not ok to point out that those....

Who spent years shouting "15 an hour!" haven't adjusted their bumper sticker for inflation because it was just a chant -?

Who spends much time talking "wealth gap" ....want tax-free investing vehicles for themselves - when low wage people can't afford to participate in such schemes? These Liberals whined that "Warren Buffet has a lower tax rate than the nurse!" all during the Bush years. Well -- the Whole Foods Snob - - making 6 figures has TONS of unfair advantages over the very people he PRETENDS to care about.

Liberals here arrogantly posted "a rising tide lifts all boats", in response to whopping $13 McDonalds wages because they wanted to credit Biden for it. BUT....why aren't they happy about unions, potentially securing MUCH more wage and benefits ....at the expense of the "corporation"? Answer: They worship the S/P 500. John Lennon's spirit is dead, and they are in bed with Dick Cheney instead. "Imagine" that huh.

When *someone* here brought up breakdown of the traditional family unit as contributor to wealth gap, Liberals personally and ethnically went after said poster. YET....it is fact that a young single mom who wasn't able to go to school, and relies on a menial job just for bread money - is NOT gonna participate as an investor in a 401K -- - but will be participating in generating profits for....wait for it.....Club 401K.

I've posted links showing black and hispanic participation is MUCH LOWER than white. But the "racial wealth gap" people take umbrage.

I've posted links showing that lower income benefit LESS from the "S&P 500" that these Supply-Side Bush Liberals celebrate all the time here. And they don't like being shown that they WANT more wealth gap - not less - and its reflected in their policies.

Albaby, your knowledge and calm is something I've respected for years so I won't argue with you - I usually don't explain myself to the minions but because it was you I thought I would.

Either way, the Underclass, the Permanent Underclass that Club 401K wants - is HERE now. And it's gonna grow. And then they wonder why so many Americans embrace red-hat demagogues and stymie things like Climate Change or infrastructure. It's happening from America to France to UK to Brazil to India to many other places just as I'm describing.

And Club 401K isn't honest, humble, or self aware enough to just shrug and say "yeah, I got it. I want more. Let them eat cake. I wanna give them $15 an hour, dope to smoke, and a virtual reality to live in so they leave the rest of us alone"
"So what you mean by "Club401K" is "Liberals"."

Jedi just uses Club401K as his own term for limousine liberals - a faction that's been in the Democratic party for decades. It's neither clever nor interesting to observe that there are wealthy liberals in positions of economic power that do not fully live their professed values, or that don't do anything about the apparent contradiction between them - or even that there are corporations and/or businessmen that pretend to liberal values while not actually believing them. But for some reason, he keeps bringing it up as if it was. -albaby

It's pretty weird and nonsensical. A 401K is a financial savings/retirement vehicle - literally has nothing to do with political party. Anyone who can should participate in a 401K.