Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I know I am getting a little ahead of my self, but for the 2014 tax year I hope to turn 70 1/2 y/o. I know I will be required to take RMD from my TIRA, but can I contribute to my existing Roth? We will have earned income because DW should still be working, filing MFJ, and the IRS income limitations will not make me ineligible.

Is this a viable plan?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.