Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have 30k in a traditional ira. It was a tsp account then converted to a traditional ira when I left a job 10 yrs ago. If I convert to a roth, do i pay tax on the whole amount, or only what was contributed in pre tax dollars. I'm confused as to whether or not I pay tax on any gains the account has made.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.