Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm considering converting part of my existing IRA to a Roth. I know that you can only do this if your AGI is < $100k.

I'm keeping myself under that limit this year, but will be as close to $100k as I can get.

My wife might have some self employment income. Since we file jointly, this income is lumped together on the 1040, and it would push us over $100k.

Although I have looked at the fairmark site, and other messages here, I haven't seen anyone specifically ask:

"it is only the IRA account holder's income that is relevant for the 100k limit, right?"

Appreciate the feedback, as always.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.