Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
If a traditional IRA is converted to a Roth IRA before the April 15, 1999 tax deadline can the conversion be taxed in the 1998 tax year? My son will be in a higher tax bracket in 1999 and would prefer to pay all the tax on the conversion with his 1998 taxes.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.