No. of Recommendations: 0
I just opened my Roth IRA with my first $2000.00
I have chosen a Company to by that I am very excited about, I think it is a great Company and I think it will stay great for decades to come. My question is, should I invest all my $ into this one Company, or diversify with 2 companies. Any thoughts?

thanks,
Brent
Print the post Back To Top
Greetings, Brent, and welcome. You asked:

I just opened my Roth IRA with my first $2000.00
I have chosen a Company to by that I am very excited about, I think it is a great Company and I think it will stay great for decades to come. My question is, should I invest all my $ into this one Company, or diversify with 2 companies. Any thoughts?

If you're confident about the company and are satisfied with the risk of having all your eggs in one basket, then $2K is not a large sum to worry about. It's also not a large enough sum to achieve true diversification in anything except a mutual fund, assuming diversification is a concern. If it is, then around Fooldom we'd say sock it away in a no-load S&P 500 index fund like Vanguard's until you can amass sufficient funds to attain the diversification you want in individual stocks. It's just personal, mind, but in stocks I want at least 10 different companies across multiple industries. And I think 20 is too many. The latter is more prone to match rather than beat the market.

Regards….Pixy
<<I have chosen a Company to by that I am very excited about, I think it is a great Company and I think it will stay great for decades to come. My question is, should I invest all my $ into this one Company, or diversify with 2 companies. Any thoughts?>>

Well, it depends. Do you think your enthusiasm will cause this company to be a superior performer? Go back and read the "unemotional" part of the introduciton.