Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am 23 and I just started a Roth IRA last year and have $4000 in it. It is currently sitting in a money market earning 41/5 %. I would like to move it into something where I can be earning between 10 and 15% annually. I am considering mutual funds but I don't know which ones are best for me. If anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear them. Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
No can tell you what is best for you. You are either very conservative or don't have the time to educate yourself.

Please read through the Fool School, www.fool.com/school, to get started. Then, go to the library and start reading about mutual funds and stocks. The Fool Way is to educate yourself to make your own decisions.

Zev
Keadykat, while you are learning about the Fool school way of doing things, an S&P Index Fund is a reasonable place to park your funds. Over the long haul, they average about 12%, but can do 20 to 30% in a good year. They also tend to have low expense ratios.
Keadykat,

While ZGriner's response was a bit harsh, he/she is on target when he/she says to educate yourself. If you haven't already done so, read "You Have More Than You Think" and, if you decide to go the mututal fund route for your Roht IRA, start requesting Roth IRA info (via the internet) from companies you feel meet your needs. Index funds are a good way to keep costs down. Hope this helps.
This is short but sweet,PUT YOUR FUNDS IN A S&P 500 FUND,preferably the one at Vanguard.It has the lowest expense fee,0.20%.It could get you $320,350. at age 65 if it grows at the average of 10.2% which has occurred for over 60 years. Good luck.