Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Two deposits were made to a Roth IRA account in March, 2013. One was properly recorded by the brokerage as being for 2012, and reported on the 5498. The second deposit was recorded as being for 2013, but we would like it to be for 2012 as well. Earned income and other limits are not a problem. Is it possible to do this at this time so we can make a larger contribution for 2013? If so, does the brokerage have to reissue the 5498 or is there another way to handle this?

Thank you.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.