Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, All I open Regular IRA account in 1997 and end of 1998 I converted to a ROTH IRA. When I was doing my 1998 year tax found out that I'm not eligible to that conversion, because my AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) was over 100K. So I had to deconvert my ROTH IRA into Regular IRA. So now my question is what I need to do. Do I need to report that? Any help will be greatly appriciated...
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.