No. of Recommendations: 0
I have exceeded the AGI limit for an Education IRA for my daughter. Right now, I am the contributor of this account. Can I re-characterize this account like I'm gonna do for my Roth IRA to a Traditional IRA? In the All About IRA's personal finance, there's an example of Grandpa giving a $500 gift to his grandson & then his grandson is the contributor. Can I do the same thing as the father?

Thanks for any & all responses........
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.