No. of Recommendations: 0
To qualify for the 1998 Roth IRA roll over, you can not file married filing separately but must file married filling jointly. The roll over will be prorated 25% as income over the years 1998, 99, 00, 01.

Question: If you qualify for the roll over by filing married filing jointly in 1998, is there an IRS requirement that you must then file married filing jointly in 1999, 00, 01 or can you file married filing separately in 1999, 00, 01? Do you have an IRS reference to this in the IRS regs for 408a or other reference.

Email response to appreciated.

Thanks for any replys.....
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.