Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've converted my IRA to a Roth IRA this year. The Roth IRA is with a mutual fund company. Now that the converstion has taken place they tell me that I can not contribute to this particular account anymore (IRS Rule it seems). They say that I need to open a new Roth IRA . This seems a little bogus to me but, is it the gov't. or the mutual fund company?

Has anyone else run into this little problem yet?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.