Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I can't seem to find an answer to this one anywhere - How are pension fund rollovers into Roth IRA's handled when the entire proceeds consist of employer contributions and growth on those contributions ? My assumtion is that it is all taxable as ordinary income and can be spread over 4 years if done in '98, is this true ? (I was hoping for a different answer...) If this is a significant amount of money does it make sense to roll it over (into a self-directed Roth) or leave it be ?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.