Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
What are the differences between a stand alone Roth IRA versus a Roth wrapped in a variable annuity?
Print the post Back To Top
<< What are the differences between a stand alone Roth IRA versus a Roth wrapped in a variable annuity? >>

I'm not quite sure what your question is. You can hold any number of different kinds of investment assets in a Roth IRA. As long as the money remains under the IRA umbrella, there is no tax effect. If and when disbursements come, if they are "qualified" disbursements, they are not taxed.

If your question involves something else, please clarify.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti
Phil, I think he is asking about the concept of a Roth being sold as part of an insurance product. I haven't seen this twist but it wouldn't surprise me if the insurance industry came up with something like it. The problem is that like all annuities it will benefit only the salesperson. As usual there will be high surrender costs, etc. In short, whenever you see the word annuity RUN in the oposite direction,

Bill
<< In short, whenever you see the word annuity RUN in the oposite direction, >>

I've always done that, which is probably why I didn't understand the question. Thanks for the clarification.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti