Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In 1998, I converted my conventional to a Roth. Found out this year about the 100K salary threshold and found out I had to convert back to traditional. Contacted my administrater at my credit union and they told me since I done the original conversion on 12/21/98 that I only had until 12/21/99 to convert back. Said now I have to file something called excess contribution. I thought I had until 4/15 of this year to do this. Can someone explain or set me straight on this. Thanks!!! Andy
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.