Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anyone know if Rule 72t for early withdrawls (before 59 1/2) that applies to Regular IRAs will also apply to converted Roth IRAs? I plan on retireing at age 50 and this rule could be key for my retirement plans from age 50 to 59 1/2.

Thanks,
Donnie Miracle
Print the post Back To Top
Greetings, Donnie, and welcome. You asked:

<<Does anyone know if Rule 72t for early withdrawls (before 59 1/2) that applies to Regular IRAs will also apply to converted Roth IRAs? I plan on retireing at age 50 and this rule could be key for my retirement plans from age 50 to 59 1/2.>>

As you know, your previously taxed contributions may be taken at any time without penalty or tax. After those are exhausted and assuming you are under age 59 1/2, then you may tap into the earnings using one of the three IRS-approved "substantially equal periodic payment" methods authorized by Section 72(t) of the tax code.

Regards….Pixy
Thanks for the quick reply Pixy.

Now if you could just tell me if there will be a national sales tax and no income tax in 2028, I would know exactly what to do! :)

Thanks again,

Donnie Miracle
Donnie,

<<Now if you could just tell me if there will be a national sales tax and no income tax in 2028, I would know exactly what to do! :) >>

LOL. But without fear of contradiction I will state unequivocably there will be taxes. :-P

Regards....Pixy