Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

First, Thanks so much for your time. Perhaps I didn't make something clear---I was the employee--the pension is in only my name and per the decree--it was her responsibility to file the QDRO. So, having just looked at the decree it appears to me--I could roll it over and turn my back.

That is not the goal. Question is: How can I now roll it over and then distribute some of the money to her without the TAX man becoming involved?

Thanks Again, (and an answer deserves more than that---if you supply method!)
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.