Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
RPMick: Kd Ks

TrinidadMark folds. dinozberger folds. gam123
folds. alarabob raises to 150. Thewalleyeguy folds.
cll1881 folds. Cleveland21 calls. StudBud goes
all-in for 380. RPMick calls. flyn100 folds.
alarabob calls. Cleveland21 calls.

I like to just call here PF, even with all this action, in case an A falls I can get away from it. I go all in, any hand that calls me would beat me anyway.

Hi RP,

Seems to me like a hefty raise would be in order ... I know you gave your rationale of wanting to see the flop, but 99 times out of 100 you are way ahead preflop ... why not try to take it down, or to get a hand like QQ, or AK all-in as a big dog.

You have a lot more experience than me at tourneys, so I'm interested in more of your thoughts on this. Are you so confident of your edge over the field that you feel you can pass up the opportunity to press a big edge like that preflop in order to make sure you see more hands?

B.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.