Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I really like what I have been reading in this forum. My questions relate directly to the Candian side.

The first message that I gather is that we should max out our RRSP. OK that's great. it appears that in the US you can subscribe to an index fund (Vantive, I believe) or you can put in the F4 stocks. However on a Canadian side I guess I could go in with a TSE indexed fund. I have just uncovered a couple of funds that are RRSP qualified. Unsure what the TSE track record looks like. I have to look at the TSE.com site. Looking at the TIPs fund. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?

Has anyone done any studies with the TSE 35 like the foolish folks have done in US with the DJIA?

I'd also like to do the F4 method with in the RRSP. Two parts to this.
a) Are the DJIA stocks RRSp eligible? Where does one get this info from?
b) I suppose I can only buy upto 20% (due to foreign content limitation). Can anyone confirm this?

Any thoughts would be great...tired off all the wise investors I have met....

Print the post  

Announcements

The Great Foolish North
Canadian social and off-topic banter.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.