No. of Recommendations: 0
Hiya all...

I would like to start by saying that I am not a participant in mechanical investing although I am quite impressed by alot of the research put into and the returns generated by your RS13 and RS26 models.

Personally, I am a long term investor that uses fundamental analysis and potential for future growth...my portfolio comprises about 44 companies...mostly in the tech hardware, biotech, wireless hardware, and B2B sectors...I am quite pleased with my returns thus far and have had no intention of changing my approach. I have beaten all your running portfolios AND the NASDAQ for 4 years now...without hardly trading at all. My YTD return this year so far is close to 40%...without a single trade.

Enough bragging.

I've recently started a portfolio thats been simmering in my mind for a while:

I started (on paper at least) a portfolio of the top 5 RS13 stocks and will be rebalancing them every week. I have eliminated broker fees by opening an account with a broker that offers free trades (the very reason you cite that keeps you from trading any more than monthly). This will be in the hope of always remaining in the top tier of companies undergoing rapid stock appreciation.

I'll keep everyone posted if you like...i also would appreciate some feedback regarding this idea...I just may convert to mechanical investing.

Thank You

Mike

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.