Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all, this interested me. If anyone wants to comment on this. That would be fine. I want to investigate this. RTs/GG thing.

RBs/RTs/GG/RMs triology post. This post link,expands beyond last post link

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1330599002485000

RTs/GG I wish to investigate this to see if a (RT) Rule Tweener strategy merges with the Gorilla game strategy.

xerohype said in this post.The link is above.

Rule Tweeners (RTs) are strange and rare beasts, indeed. They live somewhere in the realm between Rule Breakers (RBs) and Rule Makers (RMs). They show hybrid characteristics of both-type of companies, and as such offer superior returns. Rule Tweeners are leaders in their sector that have clawed their way out of their initial phase of existence into turbo-charged profit-making machines. I am talking about companies right smack in the middle of hypergrowth.

RTs live in the tornado, they are in the sweet spot of that S-curve with plenty of growth left in them.

These Rule Tweener-Gorillas may offer some of the best investment opportunities out there. Their long-term fate is secure as long as no Discontinuous Innovations kill their Gorilla power and they are right within the sweet spot of the tornado, offering incredible growth. As such, it may pay to examine companies using all of these methods:
-RB to look for fast up and comers
-GG to examine long term fundamental strength in the technology sector
and
-RM to examine the financial strength of the company as it starts to spit out tons of cash.
It's all about picking the very best companies and having them compound to monster returns over the years.

(Disclaimer: long JDSU, YHOO, RMBS and QCOM)

Thanks all Ed
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.