Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 13
Since the market timing cult that hangs out on this board informed us that there was a definite sell signal, the Dow is up over 1000 points, over 13%, including the largest one week % gain in 20 years. No, I have no idea if this will continue—frankly I doubt it.

I really don't care what the market timers do. However, I remain furious that, when that grandmother recently came asking for serious advice to counter that of a bad broker, the market timers tried to push their cult on her, driving her away.

So, take this as a warning. Any time you attempt to convert those who have no business trying market timing, this incredible failure of your market timing scheme will get thrown in your face.

I'm sure there will be denials and excuses. I'm not going to respond to them, because the fact is the market took off, even if only briefly, right after the clear sell signal was announced. This is my final word: I don't need to get in the last word to be right.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.