Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 45
So you know these types? "I'm giving up NFL football until we make every athlete stand for the National Anthem and the flag."

These critics high on 'Murcan Pride are the same people who:
1) had their feet on the coffee table, couch arms or lounger's pop up foot pad,
2) swigging beers,
3) eating wings and pizza,
4) sitting or lying like potato shaped people on their couches and Lazy Boys while,
5) the Anthem and the superimposed waving flag and low flying jets over the stadium played on their TV screens.

When was the first time any of these righteous patriots jumped to attention, BBQ stained right hand over T-shirt covered heart, getting misty eyed to the warbling singer's overextended "and the rocket's red glaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare...." blasting from their big screen TV and 5.1 surround sound system? Nah, that never happened, Hoss.

Think about this honestly: have any of you ever been to a sports bar and watched the whole place snap to attention during a televised football game's National Anthem start? (I've worked in bars for 40 years of my life, so don't try and b.s. me on this.) Most of the time you can't hear the Anthem over the drink and foods orders, mixed with the drone from hangover stories about what happened last night, people shouting greetings to one another, and guys ogling the female bartenders bent over the tap in their booty shorts and tight-fitting shirts at Hooters™.

The Anthem at bars is just bathroom break time. It's like a long commercial for the USA. That's all.

Where's this respect for the flag and Anthem from the upright white people in the bars and at home during televised football games?

Be honest, White Folks: have you stood with hand over heart for the Anthem in your home at the start of every football game? No? What, are you un-American, Rube?

Jerry Jones and all the other billionaire bully boy owners lifting water for this crooked Administration's racist views are the sociopaths responsible for destroying this game. (Don't get me started on their coverup of brain injuries over the years.) Any so-called fan giving up this game because of peaceful protests by football players is a Chairborne patriotic hypocrite too.

I hold caving NFL owners in contempt. I hold sunshine patriots who were - and still are - sitting down, screaming at kneeling football players on the TV during an Anthem, in contempt too.

This veteran is fine with the kneeling. I took an oath to uphold the Constitution. I never swore to support some hagiographic flag diddy which speaks of shock and awe violence in reverential tones.

RockOYates
US Army (1971-1974)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.