Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Motley Fool's Rule Maker buying
Buying Nokia and JDS Uniphase

Yawn ...... I hate to say that "I told you so" but back on February 3rd 2000, I wrote that the Rule Maker would be buying these two companies but are timing the market to find a suitable time to enter.
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1030004002599000&sort=id

Then why am I writing this now? Well I was attacked on all fronts by a couple of Fools. The message above message was written days before (or after?) Greenspan was about to speak so the market was uneasy. Now that the market has settled with a clear direction of the future, the Fools finally decide to buy. Sure it's not a dip but if this is not market timing, then I can't think what is.

If I was a gambling dude, and indeed I am, I would wait for another a couple of weeks or maybe a month when the market crashes :-) These sky rocketing oil prices will surely factor in inflation crises that will cause everyone to flee this overvalued Nasdaq index.

JMHO
Bob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.