Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Boss,
They're rolling out the heavyweight division on us. Not to worry though, me and ol' Berle are redoubling our efforts to get the most...er...bang for yer buck out of the Rabid Frisky Cheerleaders in the bid for Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster. Even as we speak ol' Berle and Lola are on their way to the Mall with the canoe to do a static display. We're gonna sell tickets.

Y.O.S.

Rabid Raggmopp
Print the post Back To Top
Boss,
They're rolling out the heavyweight division on us. Not to worry though, me and ol' Berle are redoubling our efforts to get the most...er...bang for yer buck out of the Rabid Frisky Cheerleaders in the bid for Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster. Even as we speak ol' Berle and Lola are on their way to the Mall with the canoe to do a static display. We're gonna sell tickets.

It belatedly occurs to me that, although I don't know the rules for the Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster, they are likely to be the same as the requirements for the First Class Feste Award, in which case MichaelRead's name has not officially been entered.

I believe someone needs to write an official entry, complete with a few paragraphs describing why the person deserves the award, with links to three posts.

I don't know when the nominations close, but I suspect you should hurry.

Nancy
who would write the post herself, but has to wrap Christmas presents.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Even as we speak ol' Berle and Lola are on their way to the Mall with the canoe to do a static display.

They had better be very very careful out there (apologies to Sgt Phil Esterhaus), because the Bluesmobile with Elwood and Joliet Jake is loose in the Mall again.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=18163901

~ray
I believe someone needs to write an official entry, complete with a few paragraphs describing why the person deserves the award, with links to three posts.
===*===

Naw, TFATCWPC is much more subliminal [stuff for sore underseaboat joints? But I digress...] than that. I think just declaring Michael the winner and having a fancy plaque made will do the job nicely. Especially if the plaque is sufficiently gaudy. And always remember and never forget, Gaud is good [Nietzsche, I think, but I'm digressing again].

RR
They had better be very very careful out there (apologies to Sgt Phil Esterhaus), because the Bluesmobile with Elwood and Joliet Jake is loose in the Mall again.
===*===

Different Mall.
No. of Recommendations: 8
It belatedly occurs to me that, although I don't know the rules for the Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster, they are likely to be the same as the requirements for the First Class Feste Award, in which case MichaelRead's name has not officially been entered.

I don't know when the nominations close, but I suspect you should hurry.

Nancy

who would write the post herself, but has to wrap Christmas presents.

The problem with The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster is its lack of official standing – a position that Bogie has not yet corrected and is probably due to Tom and Dave still smarting over me TPing their offices. As Raggmopp pointed out that may have been a strategic mistake. It also may be the reason that I got this month's Motley Fool Stock Advisor with a TP insert upon which was scribbled, “Nyah, nyah.”

Another reason TFATCWPC (terribly sorry about that, I'll open a window) is not recognized officially may be because TMF thinks the standard for it is too onerous and/or selective: must live in White Rock, BC; be 64 or older; and own a boat.

Fortunately I meet those requirements while unfortunately I doubt if there are in fact three posts to which I can be linked that mean anything. It also doesn't help that anyone nominating me is tarred with the same brush of being, generally, inane. It hasn't helped that last year's Feste Award Runner's Up Consortium are making light of my quest for TFATCWPC (I am truly sorry again – I had frijoles last night).

Wrapping Christmas presents prevents you, Nancy. Well, that's a better excuse than Burley's saying he'd bruised his finger on a beer can pull tab.

MichaelR

Fortunately I meet those requirements while unfortunately I doubt if there are in fact three posts to which I can be linked that mean anything. It also doesn't help that anyone nominating me is tarred with the same brush of being, generally, inane. It hasn't helped that last year's Feste Award Runner's Up Consortium are making light of my quest for TFATCWPC (I am truly sorry again – I had frijoles last night).

Wrapping Christmas presents prevents you, Nancy. Well, that's a better excuse than Burley's saying he'd bruised his finger on a beer can pull tab.

Well, now that I've wrapped 29 Christmas presents I can turn my attention to better things. (Unless, of course, Niece No. 4 arrives home for Christmas with the football player still in tow, in which case I shall have to go hunt for a present for someone whose idea of an extended conversation is, "hi").

It is indeed unfortunate that Bogey has neglected to post the rules for the Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster. And I also wanted to ask - what kind of palm clusters are we discussing here? The kind with fingers or the kind with coconuts? The form that the palm cluster takes could make a tremendous different insofar as which posts should be used to support the valiant, unending quest that you have set for yourself.

I hereby move that Bogey (AKA TMFBogey) be required to post the rules for this previously disregarded award, in order that someone can write a post nominating MichaelRead.

Do I hear any dissenting votes?

Majority rules.

Nancy

By the way, I find it quite likely that Burley bruised his finger on a beer can pull tab. I don't know why you have trouble believing him.

Nancy