No. of Recommendations: 0
ruv12 -

You said: "My husband is offered a 403b plan through his work. He is a teacher. Do we have to have a licensed person set up this account. Is there usually a fee? If so how much?"

A 403b/TSA is a retirement savings plan offered to public school & non-profit employees. As an eligible employee, your husband may have salary reduced by as much as 20% to a limit of $10,500 (whichever is less) & contributed into the plan. Some employers sponsor one vendor/provider & some allow several. The plan representative is licensed by the state & also the NASD (if variable products are offered). Surely you should meet with a rep to learn the full details. The fee paid to the 403b/TSA provider & the rep come from the fund charges outlined in the prospectus. Read it.

Good luck & happy investing, PP
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.