Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
My husband has an s-corp and is now the sole employee. Is it as simple as getting a form from the IRS to set up a 401k plan for his 'employee?' Is this the best way to get more than 2000 a year put into a tax deferred plan? I have read about IRA's etc. but am not sure about the 401k as it is usually set up for you so there is not a whole lot to find out there on how to set it up as the employer. Know what I mean? I have become the investor in the family and am learning the foolish stuff. It is great. Any answers out there?
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.