Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
This year my S Corp made $30,000.

Before the end of the year, I started a personel 401k and maxed it out with profit sharing.

As I was working on my return over the weekend, I characterized the rest of the positive cash flow as income from work. Of course this makes me paying in mucho Social Security.

My father told me the amount I characterize as PROFIT SHARING is NOT subject to Social Security. Is this true? Is their a max one can claim? Where do you report it?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.