Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 40
Yesterday morning, roommate W was worried about his dog - black lab named Myra. He adopted her at Christmas from a shelter. She was lying on the floor, very listless. She did not even want to go out for a walk. We all thought it was the heat. It's been in the 90's.

Later in the day he called to ask when I would be home from work. I told him about 6:30. He told he was worried about Myra. He had been at church all day. Next time we spoke, I called after work, and he told me they took her to the hospital.

He called late last night. She had Cancer in her spleen, and the spleen had burst, and she was bleeding internally. They had to put her to sleep.

This poor dog had been abandoned by her initial family. She was microchipped, and when animal officials called the family, they said they left her when they moved, because they were done with her. That made me so mad.

I am so glad her last few months were filled with people who loved her, and cared for her. She was a wonderful dog, and our home is a sad place today.

Charlie
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.