Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Sadly, there are fairly large number of people in this country who have an "acceptable" number of deaths from COVID-19 in mind regardless of whether or not they could have been prevented with a minimum level of competence and desire.

I'm not one of them. Zero deaths would have been my acceptable number.

I'm sorry for your situation.

Mark

What's your point? My mother-in-law is dying alone in a hospital of COVID-19. My cousin is a critical care nurse worried sick about her own health as she cares for the sick and dying. Another cousin is a first responder placing himself in danger daily to help others with COVID-19. My best friends 24 year old daughter was bed ridden alone in an apartment for two weeks, three states away. Who knows what the long term effects of COVID-19 will be on her lungs.

The families of those with COVID-19 have to sit paralyzed, waiting while their loved ones rely on the grace of strangers because this disease isolates us. It kills me to watch my wife suffer because she has to accept that her mother is dying alone. The suffering of people far exceeds any number of predicted deaths you come up with. So, I ask again,

What, exactly, is your point?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.