No. of Recommendations: 0
Safe but not guaranteed; Vanguard GNMA and/or Vanguard High-Yield Tax exempt. Although I have both I would prefer that you check their web site to past history. I have been pleased. I'm sure that others have comparable funds but these have very low management fees that I would think would be a priority.
Though you did not ask; depending on your tax bracket, if the money you earn for six months would be taxed, I would wonder if it would be worth the worry, as finding a locked in rate for term and duration you ask for is not going to happen.
Good-Luck
-----UG
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.