Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, all.

You may or may not know that I cook food for my Tribby -- and that it's all organic, including free-range organically raised chicken. I'd read some pretty scary things in a couple of pet natural health books some years back about the quality of the meats, etc. that go into most commercial pet foods, and decided then and there to switch her over. I have seen such a difference in the way she acts -- more energy, doesn't get unexplained tummy upsets, more alert, etc. -- and I am convinced that it is diet. With my other dogs, they died from a variety of awful ailments -- kidney failure, cancer, heart failure, etc., and not very old -- at ten, eleven, thirteen years old -- and in retrospect I am convinced that it was what we fed them that was responsible.

Then today I came across this link, provided by a lady on one of my doglists who lost a dog to lymphosarcoma. She now cooks for her dogs, and she posted this link -- I found it so frighteningly compelling that I have ordered the book and can't wait to read it. This is far worse than anything I had read -- and what I had read about what goes into pet food is pretty bad.

You might want to have a look. . . .

http://www.critterhaven.org/critterchat/foodpets.htm

mys

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.