Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Click below to continue the discussion on the new site.

Go to the New Site
No. of Recommendations: 1
I've been watching this YouTuber for a year or so.
The family: Dad, Mom, 2 babies in diapers.

The videos are interesting, as a look at life on a 30 to 40 ft sail boat. They have an engine and propeller, too. And a bit of technology: electronics for navigation, videography, VHF, and some other stuff.

Here, they have left Indonesia and are sailing west to the Maldives.

Approached at Sea.
https://youtu.be/m4Sn8Xg3IqE

Ever since the mid 1970s, I've traveled solo in Mexico.
Every time I would be preparing to head out, many people would tell me how dangerous it is, how "bad people, bad things, bad this, bad that... blah blah).
To date, I've never had the "bad".

I have been in situations in which I felt "nervous", as this father describes.
But, I was solo. And, I know I'd be different if I were traveling with an SO and babies.
I'm happy to get the sailing experience vicariously. I don't think I'd like being on a small boat, continuously, and responsible for all work, all repairs, all the "night watch" etc, etc, etc.

My hat's off to these guys.
Happy sailing!

🌞.
🖖
ralph
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.