Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Sam, I'll try rephrasing that for you. So here is how you could have wrttien your post in a non-annoying way (Keep in mind that english isn't my native language, so don't be picky about grammar and just follow the idea):

Let's see if someone forwards this post to Patrick.

I might have said it before, but I'll repeat in case there's any new reader on this board: Overtock.com has violated Regulation G. For further explanations, see my blog*, everything is explained there in great details.

What's bugging me these last few days tough, is that overstock.com has been manipulating its earnings. They did what we (earning obfuscators) call a "cumulative adjustment based on the SEC imposed revenue recognition". The effect is buried quarter to quarter, and I don't think the SEC will figure it out.

While the impact may be relatively small on revenues, I am quite sure there will be material effects on quarter by quarter net earnings (not that you have much anyway. What is it? Two quarters out of 40?).

[...I don't really understand the anifantis stuff. Seems like clogging to me, but really I can't plain-englishe what I don't understand. I'd probably just remove all that. It clouds the main point...]

It seems like most of your remaining directors defendants are distancing themselves from you. None of them has showed any public support for your jihad. It gets quite lonely being the admitted target of a SEC probe, I know the feeling. The little fish will be talking (if they're not already) so save their own skin, and when the music stops, you'll probably be the one without a chair.

Kindest regards,
Sam E. Antar (former Crazy Eddie CFO and a convicted felon)

*http://whitecollarfraud.blogspot.com
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.