No. of Recommendations: 1
I have just began working on a the second novel in a series. A good bit of the action for this one takes place in San Francisco. Are there any San Franciscans (past or present) who wouldn't mind fielding the occasional query about your fair city? Much obliged.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Never lived there, but can answer as the frequent/occasional visitor?? Been there 7-8-9 times as a visitor over the last 15 years.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hey, Varlot.

I just got back from a trip that started June 10th and saw your post of June 11th requesting assistance with your new novel based in San Francisco (yay, you!).

I lived in and near Our Fair City (as we called it) during 1994-2002 and would be happy to answer any questions I can. I will probably do best with the Valencia corridor/Mission District/Noe Valley (I lived near the corner of Guerrero and 24th St) and a few other places I liked to hang out, including Japantown, Chinatown, Hayes Valley, some of good walking hills and parks as well as the Marin headlands/Mt Tam and parts of the East Bay and Silicon Valley, including BART, the "muniserable" transit system (as late, great wag Herb Caen dubbed it) and the cable cars. I've to the major museums and some minor ones and historic sights, but never went to Fisherman's Wharf or Alcatraz. I've sailed on the bay, including under both bridges. sigh. It's been much too long!! I miss watching the fog swirl around me from our roof deck in the "banana belt," through the downtown streets on chilly, clammy evenings, and breaking like a slo-mo Niagara Falls over the coastal mountains on my commute up 280 from Cupertino in summer.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Lived in the Bay Area most of my life. In SF for seven years. Berkeley for
15 years. If you are still working on your novel I'd be happy to help where I can.