No. of Recommendations: 0
Since the loud cry for a meeting in our area went out (and yes, I supplied my own Kleenex), the replies have been streaming in......

All one of them.

So, we have selected a place for our first grand meeting, in Walnut Creek. Just up the street from the bookstore where the Garnders made their (not very, anymore) recent appearance.

We are working on date and time.

So, any other takers? Or is this going to be a small gathering of new Fools?

The object is to meet, talk about mutual interests (ummm....education, enrichment, folly????) and the boards and all the neat stuff we're learning at the moniters of True Fools.

Ok, so is it working? Dying to join us yet???

Diane
Print the post Back To Top
Diane,

Would love to join you!! It would have to be in the evening though.
Sounds like a plan.....weekday, evening......and 3 of us meeting. Still trying to figure a day and find out if Starbucks is open in evening......

Anything else?

Any one else???????????????

Diane
Diane,

The Starbucks is remains open until 9:00PM weeknights. So, how does Thursday evening work for you?

Bill
how does Thursday evening work for you?

Well, if you don't mind that I am all spent and smelly from Physical Therapy (I go Mondays and Thursdays) it sounds good to me.

What about dtretola? Thursday ok with you? wanna pick the time?

Diane
Just joined on here and see that you guys might be getting together to talk about stuff. Got room for one more by chance?

Thanks.
Just joined on here and see that you guys might be getting together to talk about stuff. Got room for one more by chance?

Certainly We are talking about Thursday at Starbucks, haven't heard anyone suggest a time. I will be at Physical Therapy until 5:30 probably, and available after that.

So, do we bring our TMF books as a sign, or a red flower in our hair??????

Diane

5:30PM or round about, is good for me. I have to be at a class near there later in the evening.

You can all put red flowers in your hair, I will be the one with the Rule Breakers book. Besides red would clash!

Bill
See you there, no red flowers here either.....I will be the one with the Workbook (may even bring my calculator)... ;)

If anyone else shows, cool. If not, then we'll just have to plan another one. Can't let the Southern Calif Fools outshine us!

Diane
See you there, no red flowers here either.....I will be the one with the
Workbook (may even bring my calculator)... ;)
If anyone else shows, cool. If not, then we'll just have to plan another
one. Can't let the Southern Calif Fools outshine us!
Diane ....Oh hello there...I just read the investment club info and then went to the CA ones to see if there were any SF Marin clubs needing some new members and saw all your entries...sounds like I am too late to meet the red flowered people in Starbucks???? Let me know...thanks! Carol
..... SF Marin clubs needing some new members and saw all your entries...sounds like I am too late to meet the red flowered people in Starbucks???? Let me know...

We are meeting tonite at 5:30 at Starbucks in Walnut Creek, so if you can't make that, I am sure to try again. The S.Calif fools seem to meet regularly...and I am jealous.

I am not ready for investment club setting up and stuff, but more interested in meeting folks who are like minded (come from here) and so I can talk about stuff I learned without having to start the thought with "there's this place on the internet where......"

Ok, now you know my agenda.....jealousy and laziness. :)

If folks who are brought together go further into investment clubs, cool. If we just hang and talk about TMF and the fools who teach, amuse, enrich (and whatever the rest of the tag line is) our lives, then that's cool too. I figure once we start meeting, this can go anywhere, but if we don't meet, nothing will ever happen.

If you can't make this one, keep watching for Northern Calif meetings. I am sure we will meet eventually.

Diane
If you can't make this one, keep watching for Northern Calif meetings. I am sure we will meet eventually.

How did you know???? Well it sounds like you have an idea I was interested in awhile back on the AOL Fool. I posted a note saying I wanted to talk about their books and ideas and maybe work through some of the sticky parts and unfortunately got only one rather sarcastic comment. Great this board seems more amiable...Since I am in Marin, I could get to SF a lot easier than Walnut Creek through commute traffic so I will keep watching this board to see what happens. Any thoughts on a Sausalito meeting??? Good luck..I'll keep watching the board...Thanks. Carol
I'm in Alameda recovering from Cancer and a heart bypass operation. I would like to meet other like minded people for coffee and talk about stock. I had the satilite tv installed but a guy who traded stock and we talked about stock most of the time I hated to see him finish the job. It was great talking to him.

Don Hass
Diane,

I'm in Orinda. Might be interested if you get a club going in this area.
Hi All,

Am in San Rafael and am interested in contact with

other Fools in area. Please see my Post #765 for

contact info. Thanks and Best Regards,

JWBlake@worldnet.att.net