No. of Recommendations: 0
We had our first meeting, with a great turn-out (2 of us) and a desire to do more........

So, now, for our next meeting....
We need to give Bill enough notice so he can arrange his schedule.

Last time I left it open to someone suggesting a place and time and the rest can see if they can make the scheduled stop. We ended up talking from 5:30 to after 7 at Starbucks in Walnut Creek. 4th Thursdays are out for me, but am open to other dates (except for 4/17--I will be near SF airport for all day conference).

When are we going to hold our next meeting? Where? We could even get a table for as many as ... uhh...... hmmmmm......3 people. :) ;)

Come join us.

Diane
Print the post Back To Top
Hey,

I'm in Oakland, and would be interested in getting to know other fools. I noticed the Marin Mavins and emailed Susie, no reply yet. But I also contacted the fooltools to see if they could set up a board under investment clubs under S.F. Bay Area Investment Club. I know it's a dull name, but it cuts down on confusion. But again no reply as yet. Let me know what goes on with your group...

Thanks

4site
I'm in alameda and would like to meet other Fools in this east bay area. I'm on disabilty now so any time is OK with me.

Don
I owe folks an apology. I have gotten some messages by private e-mail as well as messages here from folks in Danville, Oakland, Alameda, and Orinda. And I don't mean to exclude San Rafael.

I have been busy this week and will remain busy until after Thursday. Then I can start to breathe again and look at calendar and pick a date and a place so we can plan meeting #2.

Bill was planning on researching Oracle so we can discuss things to look at in financial reports.....and he needs some notice so he can re-arrange his busy schedule. We met at Starbucks in Walnut Creek last time, but they were pretty crowded and I barely talked my way into a table last time (before Bill showed). Anything else along the 680/24 corridor?

I know it still isn't really convenient for San Rafael, and it works for me only cause I work in that area.......but its a start. Hey, I can't make perfect for everyone!!!! ;) *It hasn't stopped me from wanting to, yet.*

I will keep you all posted.

Diane
We just missed each other's posts Diane, I would be very interested in getting together. I just created a board in the investment club folder to centralize messages, so we don't have to deal with the entire state of California (no offense) in posting back and forth. I've also been very busy, so don't feel bad about waiting to reply. I've contacted the creator of the Sillicon Valley fools board, he would be interested in getting together, but he is on the Peninsula, so he may opt out if he has to drive too far. I am pretty familiar with places in Oakland and Berkeley so if you need to get suggestions for places beyond Starbucks I could recommend several coffee houses. I am currently watching RCCK, FNHC, EELN (soon to be IPO), LEH, AMD, IBM, DRIV,and ITVU. Know a lot about Qualcomm, but can't afford it right now.

Dan
Hi All,

Am in San Rafael, and would love to make contact with

other Fools near me. Please call or e-mail.

Would also be delighted to participate in Fool

Meetings/Gatherings within 20-30 miles of my location.

Best Regards, JWBlake@worldnet.att.net (415) 491-0898

Thanks-a-million.
Am in San Rafael, and would love to make contact with

other Fools near me.
I am so glad to hear of another San Rafael person...maybe a car pool cuz looks like meeting will be in sf or east bay????? thanks!!!
I e-mailed Diane this previously before I realized that there were so many replies, but the East Bay Investment Club is new and looking for new members. We will be a partnership and actively research and purchase stocks. Haven't bought any yet though. We meet in an oh-so-hip Berkeley coffee house about every three weeks.

If interested e-mail bcotton@ttsfo.com

Regards,

Bob