Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Sane ex-Republicans should form a third party. Arnold Schwarzenegger should lead it. Socially progressive, financially conservative, environmentally positive and science-appreciative.

What I'm most worried about is a third part formed by Trump or a Trump wannabe. I already hear (on line) forever Trumpers promoting just that. An "America First" party, or "American Patriot" party, or some such other catchy name. There are probably 65+ million voters who would feverishly support it, especially if it's endorsed by Trump (even if he's no longer a candidate or his endorsement comes from prison). Splitting the remaining voters 50/50 between democrats and republicans means the rebranded "Trump Party" will win again. I don't know how to prevent this from becoming our next nightmare four years from now,
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.