Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sanren wrote:
I need help guys..i work for MCIworldocm..and their 401k is run by Putnum investments...i dont
like the funds that are present at this time...one of my coworker chose the wcom common stock
instead of the others...the only fund that i think is worth choosing is the S&P index fund....which can
give me a good annual return...and i checked on the MCIC stock (before the merger) it
outperformed the S&P a little bit...so my question is...shalli invest all my savings in
MCIWORLDCOM common stock? or should i diversity my investments a little?

Personally, if you feel good about the company stock, I'd spit the money between stock and index fund. I did this while working for USWest. I liked the stock, but didn't want all my retirement eggs in one basket.
Remember -- Your Mileage May Vary

Bob
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.