Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm almost at the end of it, and I can't tell what I like best about it, the wild n crazy exploration of all things godlike, or just the way the words flow in such an unEnglish way. There's a phrase per page to read twice and appreciate.

Any takers?

Print the post Back To Top
I read Satanic Verses twice. The first time it was so indecipherable I had to give it up; it took me four -- count them, FOUR -- months to get through. The second time was different. I had a rare weekend all to myself, the future ex-boyfriend almost out of the picture, all my girlfriends busy, my boss out of town, so I decided to give it a second try. With just my cat and Jose Cuervo for company, I made it through the entire massive volume that weekend. It made a lot more sense the second time.

It's been awhile, but I'd love to give it a third reading.

Uhura :o)
With just my cat and Jose Cuervo for company, I made it through the entire massive volume that weekend. It made a lot more sense the second time.

Over the past two weekends I've had about 19 hours in delayed flight time, either sitting on a runway or in a terminal. I'm almost done.