Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have just completed a year of invisilign--my daughter-in-law is midway through her treatment. Now here's what I have to add to these discussions: Invisilign opens a whole new market--the vanity market.

I'm in my sixties. I would never have worn wires. But as I age, teeth begin to jumble up. I had a tooth extracted to make room for the others and now (with whitening) my teeth look better than they did 30 years ago. Daughter-in-law (in her 40's) has job where wearing braces (she felt) just wouldn't look right. I thought her teeth looked fine, but she had been displeased with her teeth forever.

So while the process might not replace wires for youngsters (yet), there are a bunch of older people with plenty of money for face-lifts, botox, and tummy tucks, teeth whitening and invisilign straightening. I bought a year ago at about $14. But I'm holding. I understand their strategy is to get training into dental schools and launch a big branding effort.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
It isn't just vanity. Wires have their downside. Moving teeth too fast is stressful on their roots, hard to clean around and leave decalcification marks. All of these are removed using aligners.

But the product still isn't for all cases.

Debbie
Print the post Back To Top