Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi! Hope everyone is doing OK.

I'm hanging in there. There is a huge family party going on next door, with music, dozens of people, children everywhere, BBQ, etc. It seems to be winding down. I do not handle parties particularly well - if someone were to throw a party like that for me I would probably wind up sitting with one or two people on the back steps, in the dark. Today my strategy has been to run errands, check out a few garage sales, and go to the laundromat a day early. I'm just the neighbor lady, and this seems like the most reasonable way to deal with it.

Kinda makes me wish I was better at socializing, though.
Print the post Back To Top
Reminds me of something I noticed. Used to go to these occasional reunions of my high school alumni (when I was up in ohio seeing parents that is). Bored $#tless. Then once I got a ride, and drank. Had loads of fun. HMMM. Some kind of lesson here, but not sure its a good one.

Not really important as I never really had friends when IN high school, but it certainly entertained the boys to see little joyceyt downing beers.

jts

p.s. now we all do facebook instead and share memories of the way it used to be. I'm good at remembering buildings and teacher names and place names. No fun activities to remember, for the most part.
I only went to one high school reunion so far. The school is a long ways off, and I only went there the last year and a half. Most of the kids I hung out with have not kept in touch. And it was for more than one year. So I didn't really see a lot of people I knew. There was probably going to be some drinking later, but the car I was driving was my Mom's Volkswagen so I didn't stick around.

I might actually run into some of the people I knew from those days. Dad passed away and Mom is talking about having the memorial service back there.