Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
A story ran in our local paper about GM announcing that the Saturn plant is going to be doing modular assembly. Apparently, they are going to be introducing a small SUV in the future, and it will be assembled with this method. (Modular assembly is where, for example, instead of buying a brake pedal from a supplier and assmebling the brakes piece by piece, you buy a whole brake assembly, ready to be popped into the car)

I think Ford uses this overseas, but I believe the story said this would be the first North American plant to use modular assembly.

The union had no comment so far, but I know they've been heavily against modular assembly in the past. Just FYI

Laura
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.