Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Not impressive in photos.

But saw a red one in a parking lot.
Not bad. Equal to the Solstice just different.
Solstice more clean / pure, Sky more "styled".
Print the post Back To Top
Equal to the Solstice just different.
Solstice more clean / pure, Sky more "styled".

Latest car mag review had the SKY outperforming the Solstice and gasp, the Miata. The styling differences in the SKY allowed for rear suspension tweaks, more travel, and a bigger, albiet still mostly useless, trunk. The SKY was 2/10 of a second slower in the sprint from 0 to 60 but pulled .91g on the skid pad and outran the Miata through the slalom.

Saw my first SKY over the weekend also and my first thoughts were identical to yours, yawn in pictures. The one I saw was on the road and was black, like the front end in particular much better. I appreciate the Solstice's hommage to the original Corvette, but I think the SKY is styled better. GM is already trying to increase capacity on the Solstice by 15K units and the SKY by 10K units, can't build either fast enough.
They gotta fix that trunk.
I saw a black one in traffic a few weeks ago. I think the styling is head and shoulders above the Solstice (whose front grille I can't stand).

Still, not enough performance there to draw me out of my S2000, even with the turbo option.
Don't know if the SKY is the same as the Solstice in this department, but at 6'1" I was too tall to fit comfortably in the Solstice - it was close and I could get use to the seating position if I HAD to, but given the money spent, I wouldn't feel that I had to compromise.

Milligram46
6'1" - 32" inseam...
at 6'1" I was too tall to fit comfortably in the Solstice

That's the #1 reason I love being the prototypical average male - 5'9" and 175lbs. I'm comfortable sitting in just about anything - Miata, S2000, Elise, you name it.
The Sky redline is on its way this fall. Should have even more fun numbers.